Some photos from last weeks holiday at Waihi Beach. It's rejuvenating to get out of the city occasionally. We had such a nice time - hubby and me - that we're thinking of making the pre-Christmas holiday a regular thing.
If you're visiting Waihi over the summer, I'd recommend
- the walk over the hill to Orokawa Bay
- Flat White Cafe - good food, good coffee and right on the beach
- a visit to Bowentown for views of Matakana Island and a picnic at Cave Bay
- a soak in the hot pools at Athenree especially if it's raining
- a cycle on (all or part of) the Hauraki rail trail
- lunch at The Bistro at Falls Retreat, Karangahake
Reading: Mansfield and me by Sarah Laing - a graphic memoir described as "a very New Zealand coming-of-age story". The author parallels events in her life with those of Katherine Mansfield.