Friday, March 9, 2018

hem


Autumn is coming. The weather is still mostly lovely but maybe ever so slightly cooler. I'm feeling less like rushing off to swim in the surf and more like doing inside things. So I've started off with some simple sewing - hemming linen to make tea towels. I love linen tea towels - extra absorbent and long lasting. I have a few 'vintage' ones found in op shops - but sometimes it's nice to make your own. (Any excuse to visit the fabric store). The hardest part is finding linen fabric at the right weight - not too fine (too absorbent) but, also, not too weighty.

And more hand hemmed hankies - cut from a graphic leafy floral found in a scrap bundle bought from Jet in Greytown on our recent holiday. One hankie finished and one in progress. One to keep and one to give.

Reading: 
Another year of Plumdog by Emma Chichester Clark. Horray, more adventures of Plumdog! This is a delightful comic/graphic novel diary written from a dog's perspective. Compulsory reading for anyone who has enjoyed the company of a dog. *****

Remodelista : the organized home by Julie Carlson and Margot Guralnick. I cannot tell you how much I love this book. It is full of simple ideas - and beautiful ways - to tame the chaos in your home. I want to fill my pantry shelves with jars of chick peas and rice.*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!