Thursday, May 4, 2017

meetings


Meet my new plant Ficus "Samantha" in her newly decorated terracotta pot. Sadly I gave up on my maidenhair fern. I loved that plant and really tried hard to make it happy but, in the end, it got powdery mildew that I couldn't control. And, to be honest, it was so much work. I needed to water it almost every day. And mist it regularly. And whenever I went away I had to ask a neighbour to look after it which I felt was just too much responsibility. So now I have hardy Samantha who could actually survive outdoors (where a plant should be, really).

And meet tiny bear and tiny rabbit made using this free pattern from Little Cotton Rabbits. The rabbit is made from 4 ply wool using 2.25mm needles and the bear from 8 ply on 3mm needles. The knitting is very quick and uses such a tiny amount of wool. There's an excellent I-cord tutorial on Purl Soho - necessary to make the arms and legs. Putting it all together - sewing up and embroidering the faces - is a bit fiddly but worth it, I think.

Listening: Leisure by NZ band Leisure for a bit of grooviness

Reading: How to be a person in the world by Heather Havrilesky. A selection of questions from Heather's advice column Ask Polly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!