Friday, March 31, 2017

bundle


I try to make a few things each year to donate to Little Sprouts and I gathered them up today ready for delivery. I've dragged my feet a bit on completing some of these things (I started the crochet blanket in September!) so it feels good to finally hand them over.
  • the crochet blanket inspiration and tutorial here at meet me at mikes
  • merino baby wrap tutorial on the fabric store blog
  • the bound wool blanket inspired by "pure + simple" wool blankets on purl soho
  • jumper from Panda book #205 Adorable baby knits
I learned something binding that blanket. I thought you always had to bind using bias binding. If you choose rounded corners for your blanket or quilt then you should use a bias binding that will curve around the corners. With square corners you can use straight binding. Who knew? So I tried that out for the first time on the pink blanket and it worked out fine. I mitred the corners. There's a great tutorial here for that. And this is my go-to video on how to join the ends of the binding - which you'll need to do with either bias or straight binding.

I have a few new things to get started on now. What are you making?

Reading: Today will be different by Maria Semple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!