Tuesday, November 22, 2016

poppies and totes


Reusable, washable supermarket bags made from cotton duck and lined for strength. I made four, two of each fabric. I'm especially fond of the fruit print. I made them small so that when they are full I can still lift and carry them easily.

I was going to write a tutorial on how to make them but there are already so many tutorials out there. Here are some of my favourites for similar bags:
with interfacing and an easy way to sew gusseted corners 
with French seams and a pocket
a simple unlined bag

And while I was at the market, I couldn't resist buying a bunch of poppies. I love their weird hairy stalks and tissue paper petals.

Reading: All at sea - biography by British journalist Decca Aitkenhead about life before and after her husband died while saving their son from drowning

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!