Sunday, January 10, 2016

spots


I was going to throw out these linen napkins. I never used them because I didn't like the pale apricot colour. But, inspired by Shabd Simon-Alexander's tie-dyed baby blanket (in Lena Corwin's book, Made by hand) I dyed them instead. I used a Dylon powdered fabric dye (dark brown) and used Shabd's method of wrapping chickpeas with rubber bands to form spots. Not sure that if I saw these napkins in a store that I'd buy them but they are (still) linen and better than before, I think. 
I was a bit nervous about dyeing them. But, do you remember Trinny and Susannah? They did something on clothing make-overs and their reasoning was that if you weren't wearing something then you had nothing to lose by trying to change it. If the make-over was a success, you had a "new" item in your wardrobe and if it failed, well, you weren't wearing it anyway. So, with that in mind, I gave it a go.

Reading: Oranges are not the only fruit by Jeanette Winterson. I found it in one of the local book exchanges. I liked her autobiography, Why be happy when you could be normal?

Watching:
Infinitely polar bear starring Mark Ruffalo,
scary documentary film, Going clear: Scientology and the prison of belief and
Star Wars: the force awakens.

Listening:  B'lieve i'm goin down by Kurt Vile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to leave a comment. I love to read them. Thanks!